We are forced to postpone Challenge Moscow on July 18, 2021 due to the third wave of the pandemic. In Moscow, Mayor’s Decree No. 35-УМ of June 22, 2021 came into force, prohibiting mass events of more than 500 people.
Thanks to everyone who supports us. Our large Challenge Family from all over the world sends words of support.
Each Participant of Challenge Moscow, when purchasing a slot, agrees to the terms of the public offer agreement. According to clause 3.5 of this agreement, if the Event is canceled due to extraordinary, unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances that could not reasonably be expected, or avoided or overcome, as well as outside the control of the Organizer, the participation fee is not refundable. In this regard, the Organizers make every effort to hold the event on a different date. Postponement of the event date to August 15, 2021 if Rospotrebnadzor agrees to hold a competition or race in 2022. Both dates are being considered by the organizers of Challenge Moscow.
Our Challenge Moscow headquarters continues to work. Once the restrictions are cancelled, we promise to make a big and exciting event in the world of sports. We love triathlon and value each of our participants.
We are together
Challenge Moscow Team
Head of the Challenge Moscow Organizing Committee
Krivenkova Elena Nikolaevna
Head of the Challenge Moscow Executive Committee
Ledokol Ekaterina Aleksandrovna
Moscow is the capital of Russia and has hosted amongst others the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup. You’ll find beautiful architecture, world-famous buildings as the Kremlin and, of course, sightseeings as the Red Square.
Throughout the year, Moscow is hosting world-class competitions in the capital. CHALLENGEMOSCOW will be one of these events. The city will show a high level of hospitality for the CHALLENGEMOSCOW participants
- Moscow is the largest metropolis in Europe, comparable to cities as New York. The length of all streets is 4500 km and our CHALLENGEMOSCOW course runs along the most beautiful of them.
- Via the Moskva River, the place where the CHALLENGEMOSCOW swim will take place, you can get to the Arctic Ocean.
- The Moscow Kremlin is the largest operating fortress in Europe and one of the largest museums in the world. It also houses the oldest clock in Russia – the chimes are almost 500 years old. Athletes will ride along the Kremlin embankment.
- Moscow has 400 private and state museums, over 100 theaters, 31 concert halls and over 800 cathedrals and chapels.
- The Grebnoy channel is a place for rowing races: the best Russian and European competitions are held in this picturesque place. Of course the CHALLENGEMOSCOW athletes will cross this iconic location.
About the race
CHALLENGEMOSCOW is the first Middle Distance race in Russia. This, together with the exciting side events taking place the day after the main event, will target all triathletes, artists, celebrities, entrepreneurs and sports fans
CHALLENGEMOSCOW will be the centre of activity for both the Middle Distance as well as the unique side events, which include:
- Sprint Distance Triathlon with celebrities and Russian top businessman’s
- Middle Distance Triathlon
- 5 km Man’s & Women’s run
- 1km Junior & Kid’s Run
In the most beautiful park in Moscow, Gorky Park, tents for athletes and recreation areas will be set up, a wonderful evening program with fireworks and a big music concert will be organized, and areas for children’s entertainment will be organized separately.
As said, the flat and fast bike course will partly take place around the speedway circuit before leading triathletes outside the track and onto the closed roads. After transitioning in the race venue, athletes tackle the run course which has been designed with spectators in mind. The atmosphere is sure to lift the athletes as they complete the course before reaching the red carpet and the incredible finish arch.
The best directors think over the most luxurious awards ceremony, fireworks over the Moskva River and gifts to all race participants, star participation, interviews, live broadcasts on the internet and on television. We will mark the cuisines of the peoples of Russia and we will treat our athletes after the race.