Moscow is the capital of Russia and has hosted amongst others the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup. You’ll find beautiful architecture, world-famous buildings as the Kremlin and, of course, sightseeings as the Red Square.
Throughout the year, Moscow is hosting world-class competitions in the capital. CHALLENGEMOSCOW will be one of these events. The city will show a high level of hospitality for the CHALLENGEMOSCOW participants
- Moscow is the largest metropolis in Europe, comparable to cities as New York. The length of all streets is 4500 km and our CHALLENGEMOSCOW course runs along the most beautiful of them.
- Via the Moskva River, the place where the CHALLENGEMOSCOW swim will take place, you can get to the Arctic Ocean.
- The Moscow Kremlin is the largest operating fortress in Europe and one of the largest museums in the world. It also houses the oldest clock in Russia – the chimes are almost 500 years old. Athletes will ride along the Kremlin embankment.
- Moscow has 400 private and state museums, over 100 theaters, 31 concert halls and over 800 cathedrals and chapels.
- The Grebnoy channel is a place for rowing races: the best Russian and European competitions are held in this picturesque place. Of course the CHALLENGEMOSCOW athletes will cross this iconic location.
About the race
CHALLENGEMOSCOW is the first Middle Distance race in Russia. This, together with the exciting side events taking place the day after the main event, will target all triathletes, artists, celebrities, entrepreneurs and sports fans
CHALLENGEMOSCOW will be the centre of activity for both the Middle Distance as well as the unique side events, which include:
- Middle Distance Triathlon
- Sprint Distance Triathlon with celebrities and Russian top businessman’s
- 5 km Man’s & Women’s run
- 1km Junior
In the most beautiful park in Moscow, Park Novodevichy Ponds, tents for athletes and recreation areas will be set up, a wonderful evening program with fireworks.
As said, the flat and fast bike course will partly take place around the speedway circuit before leading triathletes outside the track and onto the closed roads. After transitioning in the race venue, athletes tackle the run course which has been designed with spectators in mind. The atmosphere is sure to lift the athletes as they complete the course before reaching the red carpet and the incredible finish arch.
The best directors think over the most luxurious awards ceremony, fireworks over the Moskva River and gifts to all race participants, star participation, interviews, live broadcasts on the internet and on television. We will mark the cuisines of the peoples of Russia and we will treat our athletes after the race.